Useful Tips for Water Leaks and Water Conservation
Some Water Usage Facts
- We each use on average 150 litres (33 gallons) of clean treated water each day
- A running tap can use up to 10 litres (2.2 gallons) of water a minute.
- A leaking ball-valve in a water trough can waste up to 150m3 (33,000 gallons) of water per year
- A diswasher uses between 10 and 40 litres (2.2 and 8.8 gallons) per cycle whether it’s full or not.
Things That Can Waste Water in your Business
- Are any of the taps in your premises dripping or overflows running?
- Are taps and hosepipes left running when unattended?
- Are the water pipes properly covered to prevent them freezing in cold weather?
- Are the urinals in your toilets flushing automatically?
- Are your customers and staff aware of their water usage?
Does your Business Have a Water Leak?
Find out where your water meter is. Normally your meter is located close to the property boundary in a chamber with a stopcock. If you have difficulty locating your meter, InDepth Water Management can assist you.
**County Councils state that it is the consumers responsibility for maintenance and prevention of wastage from the meter.**
- Read your meter as work finishes at night – take note of the reading
- Read it before work starts in the morning – again record the reading
- How much was used overnight – 2 minus 1
If there is a large difference, there may be a leaking pipe.
InDepth Water Management have been successfully tracing leaks, with minimum fuss, for over ten years. We only use the latest technology and our trained engineers have high success rates. Our techniques are far less invasive than traditional methods of leak detection.
So if you have noticed low pressure, damp spots, constant running water and/or a high water bill then get in touch with InDepth Water Management. We are the leak detection specialists.
For more information on any of our services, please contact us on 1890 72 22 22 or email us at email@example.com. Water. We offer a 24/7 Emergency Call Out Service Nationwide.